Woods, McIlroy together again at Tour Championship
- By Jason Sobel
- Sep 18, 2012 3:19 PM ET
“Tiger gives me stick about being short,” McIlroy said, according to a report from the Irish Times. “He always asks me, ‘Seriously, how tall are you?’ I’ll say, ‘5-foot-9.’ ‘Yeah, but without the hair? That’s 5-7, right?’ He’ll ask me, ‘What do you do when Caroline (Wozniacki, McIlroy’s girlfriend) wears heels?’
“But I give him grief about all sorts – getting old, getting bald. He doesn’t take himself too seriously, certainly not when I’m around. … I’ve been seeing loads of Tiger and I’ve got to know the person.”
Watney and Mickelson will be in the penultimate pairing of the first round at 1:45 p.m., preceded by Snedeker and Louis Oosthuizen at 1:35. The 30-man field will begin at 11:35 a.m., with John Senden and Scott Piercy in the first twosome.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take