Grill Room Gang sounds off: Who has best fries?
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Oct 10, 2012 10:40 PM ET
Is any meal ever truly complete without a side of fries? The Grill Room Gang thinks not, and in honor of the Frys.com Open this week at CordeValle, we debate which fast food stop serves up the best. And yes, we would like a side of fries with that.
By BIRDIE BAILEY
If you've never been to the west coast, you're missing out on the In-N-Out. The best french fries – and burgers, for that matter – on all sides of the Mississippi come from In-N-Out (which only has franchises located in five states: Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas and Utah). Those thinly cut potatoes, lightly salted and dipped in ketchup melt in your mouth and are hot in your hand. There's no better side of fries – and no better burger to eat them with – than those served up at In-N-Out. On further thought, make mine a double and make it animal style.
By JASON CROOK
In an increasingly health conscious world, it’s good to have some balance. The day I cut out Checkers french fries is the day I will know I've officially gone to the dark side. So go ahead and keep that extra ab muscle, I’ll take the crunchy, extra seasoned, greasy goodness after a night out on the town any day of the week. It’s the American way. Don’t let the fries fool you though, as amazing as they are, the rest of the menu should be served with a side of toilet paper.
By THE GOLF GUY
Come on folks, there is but one. Death, taxes ... and McDonald's french fries. Like your favorite blanket as a child or your first girlfriend in grade school – truly classic. The McDonald's french fry is one of the tastiest comfort foods in all of fast food – perhaps the best menu item ever (see: billions and billions served). If McDonald's french fries were running for president against Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, I would vote for a large order of McDonald's french fries ... and then worry about healthcare debate at a later date.
So tell us, who do you think serves the best fries?
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process