New Nike ad features Woods, Covert driver
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 7, 2013 12:27 PM ET
A few weeks after Nike debuted an ad featuring Tiger Woods and one of their newest additions, world No. 1 Rory McIlroy, the equipment and apparel manufacturer has released another spot involving Woods – this one celebrating its new Covert driver.
The spot, entitled "Apologies," shows run-of-the-mill golfers accidentally hitting into the group in front of them due to the increase in distance they receive from the Covert driver. A player in the final group shown hits a drive that finds the green – where Woods is attempting to putt out.
As many golf fans recall, both Woods and McIlroy missed the cut last month in Abu Dhabi shortly after the "No Cup Is Safe" commercial debuted. This likely will not be an issue for Woods following "Apologies," as the 14-time major champion is not only coming off a dominant win at Torrey Pines two weeks ago, but will also next tee it up in an event without a cut – the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship.
Forbes listed Tiger Woods and Nike as the most valuable athlete and sports business brands, respectively, in the world. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path