In his first Morning Drive appearance of 2012, Feinstein began by saying that a good way to try to attract the biggest names back to the Hyundai Tournament of Champions would be that once the current contract ends, move the event back to the West Coast and include the European Tour. They will not get every big name back, but you will get more quality players who have won tournaments around the world and you will also make the field more international.
Looking ahead to Rory McIlroy’s 2012, he thinks that Rory will continue to do what he did in 2011 but become more consistent. He contended a lot last year but he was not as consistent as he would like to be. The PGA TOUR and the game of golf needs a player like Rory and at the age of 22, he has unbelievable potential to be the best in the world.
He feels that the bowl system is one of the biggest scams going in all of sports and further evidence of this is the fact that the bands for both LSU and Alabama are being charged $500,000 to attend the game. If the BCS system were applied to college basketball, people would think that was a total joke. He would not have a problem seeing LSU and Alabama play each other if they had to go through a playoff system to get to the Championship game. If he were President of the NCAA who does not have oversight of the BCS, he would call all of the BCS people into a conference room and say that there will be a football playoff similar to the basketball tournament and add that teams do not have to participate, but if they do not, they could not be a part of the basketball tournament.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth