Looking back at the 1991 PGA Championship, he remembers turning on his TV early on Saturday and thinking to himself, “Who is John Daly?” He was not at Crooked Stick that year because he was working on another book and he was not even that much into golf at the time. But when he saw what Daly was doing, he knew that something special was happening.
One of Davis Love III’s Captain’s Picks was fellow Sea Island, GA resident Brandt Snedeker who also happens to be arguably the best putter on the PGA TOUR. In his column for GolfChannel.com, he wrote that Snedeker deserves to be on the U.S. Ryder Cup team but every year about 15 deserving players need to be reduced to 12 team members. An argument could have been made that Hunter Mahan was the more deserving pick and Feinstein added that during the PGA Championship, he talked with players who felt that Snedeker’s connection to Sea Island and the same management agency as Love III would provide the tiebreaker if he had to make a close decision. Davis Love III is one of the most honorable people on the PGA TOUR and Feinstein does not think that Love III was being less than honorable in his deliberation process but he also felt that it was important to discuss this issue.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots