Tom Abbott and Judy Rankin - September 10, 2012
- By Morning Drive Team
- Sep 10, 2012 8:37 AM ET
Tom Abbott and Judy Rankin are hosting Golf Channel’s Monday coverage of the conclusion to the Kingsmill Championship. While it is practical to start a playoff on the last hole that was played, Abbott doubts that there was any regret on the part of the LPGA Tour in having the 18th as the only hole because the fans were very happy to be able to watch the playoff. There were a lot of people at 18 and the atmosphere was fantastic. No one would have ever thought that you could play the 18th hole 8 times and not have a winner.
Rankin said that she expects the course to play a bit longer today simply because they are starting in the morning. It is a completely different day and both players will be trying to get back into the competitive mode that they were in on Sunday evening.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae