Tom Abbott and Judy Rankin - September 10, 2012
- By Morning Drive Team
- Sep 10, 2012 8:37 AM ET
Tom Abbott and Judy Rankin are hosting Golf Channel’s Monday coverage of the conclusion to the Kingsmill Championship. While it is practical to start a playoff on the last hole that was played, Abbott doubts that there was any regret on the part of the LPGA Tour in having the 18th as the only hole because the fans were very happy to be able to watch the playoff. There were a lot of people at 18 and the atmosphere was fantastic. No one would have ever thought that you could play the 18th hole 8 times and not have a winner.
Rankin said that she expects the course to play a bit longer today simply because they are starting in the morning. It is a completely different day and both players will be trying to get back into the competitive mode that they were in on Sunday evening.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play