Bourdy leads, Manassero one back at Spanish Open
- By Associated Press
- May 4, 2012 5:56 PM ET
SEVILLE, Spain –Italian teen Matteo Manassero boosted his hopes of making the U.S. Open on Friday by moving into contention with a 2-under 70 after the second round at the 100th Spanish Open.
Manassero finished at 4 under overall, one stroke behind leader Gregory Bourdy (66) in windy conditions.
Former U.S. PGA Championship winner Shaun Micheel, the first-round leader, bogeyed his last three holes to shoot 77 and slip to even par overall.
Manassero, ranked 64th, needs to be inside the top 60 by May 21 to ensure a place at the U.S. Open, which starts June 14 in San Francisco.
Tags: Matteo Manassero
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Rd. 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA Champ. win
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots