Acushnet completes sale to Fila, Mirae
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jul 29, 2011 1:51 PM ET
Acushnet Company announced Friday that the transaction for its sale from Fortune Brands, Inc. to a consortium led by Fila Korea, Ltd. and Mirae Asset Private Equity was complete. The sale was announced on May 20.
Including its brands of Titleist and FootJoy, Acushnet is one of the largest golf equipment companies in the world with annual sales of more than $1.2 billion in 2010. Acushnet will remain as a standalone company through separate operation from Fila Korea, with its worldwide headquarters remaining in Fairhaven, Mass.
“The Fila Korea and Mirae Asset Private Equity group understands and appreciates our golf industry leadership, passionate associates, and enduring culture,” said Wally Uihlein, chairman and CEO of Acushnet. “Together, with our new owners, our team is looking forward to strengthening and building upon the global success of the Titleist and FootJoy brands.”
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process