The Fall Series takes a break this week, but many of the game's best will head to Malaysia for the CIMB Classic. A field of 48 players will tee it up Thursday in an event co-sanctioned by the PGA and Asian Tours.
Be sure to join the Golf Channel Fantasy Challenge to test yourself against our panel of experts, including defending champion Win McMurry.
Bo Van Pelt returns to Kuala Lumpur as the defending champion in this event. Here are 10 players to keep an eye on this week:
1. Jason Dufner: A runner-up last week in Australia, Dufner has had one of the most consistent seasons on Tour with 14 top-25 finishes in 22 starts. Currently ranks third in total driving, fourth in scoring average and fifth in birdie average.
2. Tiger Woods: Playing in Malaysia for the first time since 1999, Woods will take part in his first official event since ending the FedEx Cup playoffs with three straight top-10 finishes. His 68.9 stroke average ranks second on Tour.
3. Bo Van Pelt: The defending champ this week is coming off a win over Dufner in Perth last week. Van Pelt had top-10 showings last month at both Crooked Stick and East Lake, and ranks fourth on Tour in the all-around category.
4. Brendon de Jonge: Followed his runner-up finish in Vegas with a T-4 showing last week in Georgia. The Zimbabwean has missed only one cut since March and leads the Tour in total birdies.
5. Jeff Overton: A runner-up here last year, Overton set the course record with a second-round 62. He ranks second behind de Jonge in total birdies and has shot 70 or better in each of his last 12 competitive rounds.
6. Ben Crane: Followed up his 2010 CIMB win with a T-20 showing last year. Crane played his way from the cut line into contention last week with a Saturday 62 at Sea Island.
7. Scott Piercy: Playing for the first time since a final-round 64 vaulted him to a T-6 finish in Las Vegas. Among the longest hitters in the field, his aggressive style should benefit him this week.
8. Jimmy Walker: In the midst of a career year, Walker heads to Malaysia after a pair of top-10 finishes in Fall Series events. Finished in a tie for 13th in this event last year.
9. Marcus Fraser: Twice a runner-up this year in Europe, the Australian leads the European Tour in putts per GIR and ranks second in putts per round.
10. Chris Kirk: Made the cut in 10 consecutive starts, recording four top-25 finishes in the process. Currently ranks ninth on Tour in par-4 performance and carded a bogey-free 65 here last year en route to a T-13 finish.
Tags: Fantasy Central
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take