Golf, as we all know, is played in the great outdoors. Which means we can never be exactly sure of what kind of weather will greet us on the course. As a result, high-performance outerwear is imperative for players who don’t let a little rain get in their way – and an important product category to consider.
Adidas has a new entry in this area with its Climaproof Storm Superfast jacket, which is sold separately and also as a suit with matching pants. According to Sarah Marai, global product manager for Adidas Golf, the Storm Superfast is made specifically for golf, with four-way stretch inserts down the seams of the arms and in the center of the back geared to provide free and easy body movement during swings.
At the same time, its 100 percent, two-layer laminate Polyester shell with DWR (Dynamic Water Resistant) coating is designed to keep golfers dry, as are the waterproof zippers on the front and pockets, the articulated cuffs with internal sleeves and the fully sealed seams. And Adidas is so confident of that feature that it offers a three-year waterproof warranty with this product. A lining, made of polyester mesh with a hydrophilic finish, is included to enhance warmth in colder golfing temperatures.
Marai says the jacket and pants in this line are breathable, as well as lightweight, and adds that company technicians took great pains to ensure that the jacket and pants material was as quiet as it was dry.
Available this fall, the Climaproof Storm Superfast jacket and pants comes in two colors, black/ash and aquatic/black.
This article provided by Global Golf Post. To get more information on a weekly digital subscription, click here.
Global Golf Post is the first weekly golf publication designed specifically for digital.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path