Video: Create shaft lean for better ball-striking
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Oct 23, 2012 8:00 AM ET
Powerful and accurate ball-striking is achieved most easily when you’re able to get to impact with your hands leading the way, and that’s especially true when it comes to iron play.
Most amateurs, however, end up with the clubhead leading the way because they have cast the club from the top or have an early release in their swing.
In this video segment, former PGA Tour great Johnny Miller has some tips to help you get into a better impact position, which means being able to create forward shaft lean at the moment of truth.
Work on these tips and if you can get your hands leading the way as you strike the ball, you’ll be amazed at the results.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you improve your ball-striking, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take