Video: Acceleration is the key to better bunker play
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Mar 8, 2013 4:30 PM ET
If you watch TV coverage of the WGC-Cadillac Championship this weekend, you’ll see that sand abounds at Doral’s famed Blue Monster.
Touring pros make bunker shots look easy more often than not, but playing from the sand is usually the cause of great stress for high-handicap golfers.
How can you improve your bunker game? Well, who better to ask than Gary Player, who many consider the greatest bunker player of all-time.
And according to Player, they key to escaping from the sand is acceleration, as he explains in this video segment.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you improve your bunker play, click here.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots