Video: Acceleration is the key to better bunker play
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Mar 8, 2013 4:30 PM ET
If you watch TV coverage of the WGC-Cadillac Championship this weekend, you’ll see that sand abounds at Doral’s famed Blue Monster.
Touring pros make bunker shots look easy more often than not, but playing from the sand is usually the cause of great stress for high-handicap golfers.
How can you improve your bunker game? Well, who better to ask than Gary Player, who many consider the greatest bunker player of all-time.
And according to Player, they key to escaping from the sand is acceleration, as he explains in this video segment.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you improve your bunker play, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth