Video: Acceleration is the key to better bunker play
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Mar 8, 2013 4:30 PM ET
If you watch TV coverage of the WGC-Cadillac Championship this weekend, you’ll see that sand abounds at Doral’s famed Blue Monster.
Touring pros make bunker shots look easy more often than not, but playing from the sand is usually the cause of great stress for high-handicap golfers.
How can you improve your bunker game? Well, who better to ask than Gary Player, who many consider the greatest bunker player of all-time.
And according to Player, they key to escaping from the sand is acceleration, as he explains in this video segment.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you improve your bunker play, click here.
Fresh off his U.S. Open win, Justin Rose will play the first two rounds at TPC River Highlands alongside a pair of fellow major champions. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path