Video: Shift your weight to stop hitting shots fat
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 17, 2012 7:00 PM ET
If you’re not shifting your weight properly on the downswing, there’s a lot that can go wrong when you get to impact.
And among the most common problems are shots that are hit fat.
In this video segment, Michael Breed, host of The Golf Fix, has a great drill to help you eliminate the fat shot from your game and to feel what it’s like to get your weight moving forward through impact.
If you’re having trouble hitting behind the ball with your irons, try this drill on the range and you’ll be able to fix the problem in short order.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you improve your ball-striking, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae