Video: Shift your weight to stop hitting shots fat
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 17, 2012 7:00 PM ET
If you’re not shifting your weight properly on the downswing, there’s a lot that can go wrong when you get to impact.
And among the most common problems are shots that are hit fat.
In this video segment, Michael Breed, host of The Golf Fix, has a great drill to help you eliminate the fat shot from your game and to feel what it’s like to get your weight moving forward through impact.
If you’re having trouble hitting behind the ball with your irons, try this drill on the range and you’ll be able to fix the problem in short order.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you improve your ball-striking, click here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TaylorMade: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on ban: 'Not going to roll over and accept this'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth