Ever wonder what a PGA TOUR player and his caddy talk about on the course as they are in the hunt to win a tournament? Golf Channel is teaming up with PGA TOUR Entertainment to bring you Down the Stretch, four 30-minute shows that will give you insight on how a player prepares for the final round of a PGA TOUR tournament.
Players who are featured in the show will be based on final round contention and compelling storylines. You, the viewer, will get an inside look at each player on the driving range moments before the final round starts, strategizing with his caddy, giving interviews on and off the course, as well as reacting to his win or loss.
Down the Stretch will also give viewers a better appreciation of the how much skill and talent these players have and how competitive they really are when they come down the stretch and fight for every stroke. This will definitely be an emotional rollercoaster for all involved.
Down the Stretch premieres Monday, March 5 11PM ET with a look back at the contenders for The Honda Classic. Down the Stretch will also follow the contenders for the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship (airing on March 12 11PM ET), Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard (airing on March 26 11PM ET) and THE PLAYERS Championship (airing on May 14 11PM ET).
This is an all-access pass to see how the final day of a tournament unfolds as a player is either just 18 holes away from a victory or defeat .
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth