No one was more impressed with Harris English’s victory at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Invitational than Chris Kirk. Kirk, fresh off his maiden PGA Tour victory at the Viking Classic two weeks ago, is a former teammate of English’s at the University of Georgia and can attest to the demands of winning a professional event.
“It is a little surprising,” Kirk said. “Mentally I felt like I was light years behind (English). The difference between college and the pros is night and day. I had enough game (as a senior) but mentally I was not at that level then.”
Kirk said he hadn’t spoken to English since his victory, but the two will have plenty of time to catch up in the coming weeks. English is scheduled to move into Kirk’s St. Simons Island, Ga., condo.
“I’m their landlord,” laughed Kirk, who is moving into a new home on St. Simons with his wife Tahnee after this week’s Greenbrier Classic.
Robert Dinwiddie shot a 5-under 66 on Friday to share the lead with Tjaart van der Walt of South Africa after the second round of the European Tour’s Najeti Hotels Open. Read More
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path