CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Lot of talk about who won’t be in next week’s Players Championship – Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson – but when the field was released late Friday there was one name worth noting.
Bud Cauley, who became just the seventh player in PGA Tour history to earn a card straight out of college without having to play Q-School, will be at TPC Sawgrass, something of a second home for the Jacksonville, Fla., resident.
Cauley earned his spot in The Players via his position on the FedEx Cup points list (39th) following top-10 finishes at the Arnold Palmer Invitational (T-4) and Shell Houston Open (T-8).
Tags: Bud Cauley
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process