Discussion: O'Toole, Hurst the right picks?
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 22, 2011 9:08 AM ET
U.S. Solheim Cup captain Rosie Jones surprised the golf world Sunday by using her wildcard picks on Ryann O'Toole and Vicky Hurst. Even Jones called the selection of O'Toole "a very wild pick," but was impressed by her high finishes at both the U.S. Women's Open and this past week's State Farm LPGA Classic.
Some view Jones' picks as a gutsy attempt to inject youth and energy into the U.S. team with Hurst (21 years old) and O'Toole (24 years old). Others feel the picks were unwanted gambles. What do you think?
*Discussion: Did U.S. Solheim Cup captain Rosie Jones make the right call with her wildcard selections?
For more discussion topics, click here.
We can't think of a better way to spend a thousand bucks, can you? Click on the image to go directly to the auction and read the full description of how rklassman captured the ghost of Bobby Jones. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path