Discussion: O'Toole, Hurst the right picks?
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 22, 2011 9:08 AM ET
U.S. Solheim Cup captain Rosie Jones surprised the golf world Sunday by using her wildcard picks on Ryann O'Toole and Vicky Hurst. Even Jones called the selection of O'Toole "a very wild pick," but was impressed by her high finishes at both the U.S. Women's Open and this past week's State Farm LPGA Classic.
Some view Jones' picks as a gutsy attempt to inject youth and energy into the U.S. team with Hurst (21 years old) and O'Toole (24 years old). Others feel the picks were unwanted gambles. What do you think?
*Discussion: Did U.S. Solheim Cup captain Rosie Jones make the right call with her wildcard selections?
For more discussion topics, click here.
We can't think of a better way to spend a thousand bucks, can you? Click on the image to go directly to the auction and read the full description of how rklassman captured the ghost of Bobby Jones. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots