British Open champion Ernie Els has signed a deal with IMG, the agency that formerly represented the South African nearly a decade ago.
A statement released Tuesday by IMG indicates that Els' current management team at Florida-based Pros Inc. will "be moved" to IMG and that his new firm will work closely with his existing staff, including Phil Cotton.
"We are delighted to be working with Ernie and his team," said IMG's Guy Kinnings. "IMG is ideally placed to showcase both what Ernie has achieved and to assist with the exciting times ahead."
Inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2011, the 43-year-old Els experienced a resurgence this year, culminating with his fourth career major victory at Royal Lytham in July.
"IMG has a global network of offices, loads of experienced and dedicated golf staff operating in every aspect of the game," Els explained. "So really (IMG) is best equipped to help me achieve everything I want to do on and off the course."
The former world No. 1 has a variety of interests outside the ropes, ranging from golf course design work to a growing wine business to his longstanding charity work with Els for Autism. He previously left IMG in 2005 to join ISM, led by Chubby Chandler, and left ISM in 2011 to join Pros Inc.
Tags: Ernie Els
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process