British Open champion Ernie Els has signed a deal with IMG, the agency that formerly represented the South African nearly a decade ago.
A statement released Tuesday by IMG indicates that Els' current management team at Florida-based Pros Inc. will "be moved" to IMG and that his new firm will work closely with his existing staff, including Phil Cotton.
"We are delighted to be working with Ernie and his team," said IMG's Guy Kinnings. "IMG is ideally placed to showcase both what Ernie has achieved and to assist with the exciting times ahead."
Inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2011, the 43-year-old Els experienced a resurgence this year, culminating with his fourth career major victory at Royal Lytham in July.
"IMG has a global network of offices, loads of experienced and dedicated golf staff operating in every aspect of the game," Els explained. "So really (IMG) is best equipped to help me achieve everything I want to do on and off the course."
The former world No. 1 has a variety of interests outside the ropes, ranging from golf course design work to a growing wine business to his longstanding charity work with Els for Autism. He previously left IMG in 2005 to join ISM, led by Chubby Chandler, and left ISM in 2011 to join Pros Inc.
Tags: Ernie Els
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Sorenstam in 'Go Annika'
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management