CHASKA, Minn. – We know Ross Fisher is talented and a devoted father and husband who said he'd jet home for the birth of his first child regardless of his status on the Turnberry leaderboard, and now we know he's fearless.
After the Englishman shot a 4-under 68 to move to 3 under for the event he was asked what he thought about the possibility of dueling with Tiger Woods on the weekend. His answer was telling.
"I went toe-to-toe with him before," he said. "I wasn't phased at all. What better way to see where your game is."
Be careful what you wish for.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play