Golf Live Extra app to provide live streaming
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 9, 2013 12:05 PM ET
Golf Channel on Wednesday introduced “Golf Live Extra,” a new mobile app that provides live streaming of PGA Tour events airing on Golf Channel and NBC.
Comcast subscribers will be the first to access the Golf Channel live stream on their mobile devices and computers, beginning Thursday with the opening round of the Sony Open.
Once fully launched later this year, Golf Live Extra will provide fans with coverage of all the world’s top tours, including the PGA, European, LPGA, Champions and Web.com circuits. In total, it should offer more than 500 hours of additional live competition coverage to complement the 3,300 hours of tournament coverage on Golf Channel.
“Golf Live Extra will now provide our loyal audiences the ability to enjoy Golf Channel content anytime, anywhere on any device, especially those who are away from a television on Thursdays and Fridays when live professional golf is being played,” said Golf Channel president Mike McCarley. “After seeing the success of NBC Olympics Live Extra, we look forward to providing the same high-quality experience to golf fans with Golf Live Extra, which was developed from the expertise gained from this summer’s London Olympics.”
Golf Live Extra is offered for online streaming and as a free download for IOS devices at the iTunes App Store, as well as for select Android devices at Google Play. Initially, the app will only be available to Comcast subscribers, with increased distribution through additional satellite, cable and telco providers expected in the next few weeks and months.
Tags: PGA Tour
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots