Lincicome, Christina Kim engage in Twitter feud
- By Will Gray
- Oct 13, 2012 2:37 PM ET
Comments made on Twitter by Brittany Lincicome from the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia this week drew the ire of fellow LPGA player Christina Kim, sparking a social media feud that went on to include several other LPGA players.
"Golf is SOOO dang frustrating :-( Can't wait for the year to be over!!!!!!!!!!!" Lincicome tweeted on Friday. Several hours later, she added another comment that elicited a response from Kim.
"Rain rain go away!!!!!" Lincicome wrote as tournament play was suspended due to inclement weather. "Actually if it stays around I won't have to play anymore!!!!!! :-)"
Currently 110th on the LPGA Tour money list, Kim did not qualify for the limited-field event in Malaysia this week and fired back to Lincicome in a series of comments that have since been deleted by both players.
"I'd kill for the chance to play," wrote Kim, who later this year will head to LPGA Q-School for the first time in her 10-year career. "I'm just saying there are people that would love to play, and it wouldn't hurt to remember that."
"Great! It's still a free country. I can say whatever I want!" Lincicome fired back. "I don't comment to most of your posts, I'm just tired."
Fellow LPGA players chimed in as comments continued between Lincicome and Kim.
"Don't worry about it CK!" Sophie Gustafson wrote to Kim. "Let your opinions fly cause those who matter won't mind."
"People would kill to be in Asia right now sitting in that delay," Nicole Hage replied to Lincicome. "Instead we're home preparing 4 QSchool."
Ultimately emotions subsided, but a rift still appeared to remain between the two main participants.
"Two nights in a row I hit on contentious topics & lose 100 followers, including @Brittany1golf (Lincicome)," Kim wrote in a message that remains on her page. "Sad to see a friend unfollow due to my opinion."
Thai teen Moriya Jutanugarn and Canada's Rebecca Lee-Bentham shared medalist honors in Sunday's conclusion of the LPGA Qualifying Tournament in Daytona Beach. Read More
- SCORING: Bradley holding lead | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Colsaerts' drive results in drop inside bathroom | Video
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process