What happened in Vegas didn't stay there for Lincicome
- By Randall Mell
- Nov 16, 2012 6:30 PM ET
NAPLES, Fla. – Brittany Lincicome isn’t just playing through pain at the CME Group Titleholders.
Despite nagging back pain, Lincicome shot a 3-under-par 69 Friday to move into a tie for third at TwinEagles Club, three shots behind the leader, Ai Miyazato.
Lincicome said she believes she hurt her back hauling luggage on a trip to Las Vegas a couple weeks ago.
“I kind of felt something in my lower back but thought it was no big deal,” Lincicome said.
After four holes on Thursday, Lincicome was in so much pain she needed an LPGA physiotherapist to come onto the course to treat her. She had to lie down out at the fourth hole as the therapist massaged her back. She made it through to shoot 68 in the first round. She said the pain was severe again Friday despite treatment before the round.
“I’ve never withdrawn from a tournament, and I didn’t want to start this week with CME being one of my sponsors,” Lincicome said. “I have that commitment to be here, and I’m going to stick it out.”
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play