What happened in Vegas didn't stay there for Lincicome
- By Randall Mell
- Nov 16, 2012 6:30 PM ET
NAPLES, Fla. – Brittany Lincicome isn’t just playing through pain at the CME Group Titleholders.
Despite nagging back pain, Lincicome shot a 3-under-par 69 Friday to move into a tie for third at TwinEagles Club, three shots behind the leader, Ai Miyazato.
Lincicome said she believes she hurt her back hauling luggage on a trip to Las Vegas a couple weeks ago.
“I kind of felt something in my lower back but thought it was no big deal,” Lincicome said.
After four holes on Thursday, Lincicome was in so much pain she needed an LPGA physiotherapist to come onto the course to treat her. She had to lie down out at the fourth hole as the therapist massaged her back. She made it through to shoot 68 in the first round. She said the pain was severe again Friday despite treatment before the round.
“I’ve never withdrawn from a tournament, and I didn’t want to start this week with CME being one of my sponsors,” Lincicome said. “I have that commitment to be here, and I’m going to stick it out.”
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path