LPGA Malaysia event keeps sponsor through 2015
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 26, 2012 10:42 AM ET
The LPGA stop in Malaysia will have a title sponsor for the next three years, as industrial group Sime Darby has signed a three-year extension to keep its name on the event.
The extension will keep the conglomerate on as title sponsor through 2015, according to Sports Pro Media. Sime Darby signed on for an initial three-year term in 2010, which was set to expire this year.
Na Yeon Choi will defend her title in the 72-player field competing for a $1.9 million purse at Kuala Lumpur G&CC, Oct. 11-14.
Tags: Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia
Defending champion Na Yeon Choi leads by two shots after 36 holes at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia. Read More
- SCORING: Bradley holding lead | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process