It didn’t take Craig Connelly long to find a new gig.
Fired by Martin Kaymer after The Players Championship on Sunday, the longtime caddie received a phone call later that night from Francesco Molinari, offering him the position starting next week.
Molinari told me via email that he called Connelly during his flight to Europe for this week’s Volvo World Match Play Championship and they worked out an agreement.
Connelly’s first job with the Ryder Cup player will come at next week’s BMW PGA Championship.
Tags: Martin Kaymer
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path