Nitties' unique facial hair wins mustache contest
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 11, 2012 4:27 PM ET
The most heated off-course competition of the year on the Web.com Tour happened on Tuesday night in Utah. In what has become an annual tradition at the Utah Championship, Aussie James Nitties won the mustache contest at the tournament, according to the PGA Tour.
Nitties' mustache was voted best of the 18 competitors in Mustache Madness at Willow Creek CC. Nitties combined a goatee and chin-strap to form a "J" on his face. (attached photo is courtesy of Jim Hutchinson, PGATour.com)
"I've always been pretty good at making an idiot of myself, so I chose a look that I didn't think anybody else would do. And it paid off," Nitties said.
Considering the parity in major championships, it may come as little surprise that Nitties is the fifth different player to win in the five-year history of the contest.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots