Nitties' unique facial hair wins mustache contest
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 11, 2012 4:27 PM ET
The most heated off-course competition of the year on the Web.com Tour happened on Tuesday night in Utah. In what has become an annual tradition at the Utah Championship, Aussie James Nitties won the mustache contest at the tournament, according to the PGA Tour.
Nitties' mustache was voted best of the 18 competitors in Mustache Madness at Willow Creek CC. Nitties combined a goatee and chin-strap to form a "J" on his face. (attached photo is courtesy of Jim Hutchinson, PGATour.com)
"I've always been pretty good at making an idiot of myself, so I chose a look that I didn't think anybody else would do. And it paid off," Nitties said.
Considering the parity in major championships, it may come as little surprise that Nitties is the fifth different player to win in the five-year history of the contest.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Feherty's Venturi interview
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae