Tiger Woods’ appearance at last year’s AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am was a one-and-done, it was reported Monday.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Woods will not return to next week’s event after playing it last year for the first time in a decade.
“Much to our disappointment, Tiger will not be playing in the AT&T this year,” tournament director Steve John wrote in an email to the newspaper.
Last year, Woods got himself into the penultimate pairing on Sunday afternoon, only to shoot a final-round 3-over 75 to finish in a share of 15th place. As if to rub it in, playing partner Phil Mickelson posted a score 11 shots better to win the tournament.
The decision shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. When Woods competed in last year’s AT&T, he had skipped the Farmers Insurance Open. With that back on his schedule this year, he was expected to skip the festivities at Pebble Beach.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots