Report: Woods to return to Torrey Pines in 2013
- By Will Gray
- Nov 21, 2012 3:04 PM ET
Citing sources close to both Woods and the Farmers Insurance Open, the report indicates that the 14-time major champion will be in the field for next year's event, held Jan. 24-27. An appearance would mark his first event in the U.S. in 2013, and only his second return trip to Torrey Pines since he captured the 2008 U.S. Open on the South Course.
Although he is unlikely to officially confirm entry into the event until January, tournament officials have been told to prepare for Woods' appearance in January, according to the report.
Last year, Woods skipped the event in order to play in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship on the European Tour. While Woods will again play in Abu Dhabi this coming January, the tournament is now scheduled one week before the Farmers Insurance Open, allowing him to play in both events.
Woods' history at Torrey Pines is well-documented; in addition to his 2008 U.S. Open triumph, he has won San Diego's regular Tour stop six times, including four straight years from 2005-2008.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots