ST. LOUIS – Andrea Gaston remembers the first time she saw Jennifer Song. It was at the 2007 U.S. Women’s Open.
The head women’s golf coach at Southern Cal, Gaston told me yesterday she fell in love with Jennifer and her game that initial moment seeing her. Gaston went on to say Jennifer reminds her of former USC golfer, Candie Kung. And that's high praise, considering Kung finished runner-up just a month ago at the U.S. Women’s Open.
Gaston said that Song always stays in the moment and handles pressure as well as any player she has ever had. Gaston’s words will be tested, as Song is all square with Jennifer Johnson following the morning 18 of this 36-hole championship match.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take