The PGA Tour’s season-opening event in Hawaii may traditionally struggle to attract many of the top international players – Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald won’t make the trip in January, and neither will perennial no-show Tiger Woods – but the Tour did receive early commitments Tuesday from Jason Dufner, Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan and Brandt Snedeker.
The Hyundai Tournament of Champions will be held Jan. 4-7 on the Plantation Course at Kapalua.
Each of the four players won twice in 2012, including Snedeker, the reigning FedEx Cup champion.
Dufner will be making his Kapalua debut after winning the Zurich Classic and HP Byron Nelson Championship, while Snedeker (second), Mahan (third) and Johnson (sixth) are heading back to Maui for a repeat appearance.
“All four players are great additions to the Hyundai Tournament of Champions field and will bring excitement to Kapalua as we kick off the 2013 FedEx Cup season on the PGA Tour,” said executive director Nancy Cross in a statement.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process