Swafford tops List, Janzen for first Nationwide win
- By Ryan Ballengee
- May 6, 2012 5:19 PM ET
Hudson Swafford became a first-time winner on the Nationwide Tour on Sunday, taking the Stadion Classic at his collegiate home course on the campus of the University of Georgia.
Swafford, who graduated from the school last year, holed a bunker shot at the final hole for the winning birdie. After an opening bogey, Swafford made 10 birdies, including three to close and six in the final eight holes to finish at 17 under par.
List, seeking his second consecutive win, bogeyed the final hole after hitting an errant tee shot to cost himself a chance at a playoff with Swafford. Billy Horschel finished alone in fourth.
Earning $99,000 for the victory, the rookie Swafford moved from 61st up to seventh on the Nationwide Tour money list.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth