One point is awarded for each $1,000 earned in regular PGA Tour events. Two points are awarded for every $1,000 earned at a major championship. The top eight players in the standings after the PGA Championship automatically qualify for the American team heading to Medinah from Sept. 28-30.
Last month at Pebble Beach, Love III said he did not expect Woods to have trouble making the team.
"So I think if (Tiger) has a full, healthy season, we won't be worrying about picking him. But it's nice with four picks, I got a lot of flexibility,” he said.
The captain had previously indicated Woods was a virtual lock to make the team, either on merit or with one of the four captain’s picks.
For the second time in his tenure as Commander-in-Chief, President Barack Obama will serve as Honorary Chairman when the Presidents Cup returns to the U.S. this fall. Read More
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots