One point is awarded for each $1,000 earned in regular PGA Tour events. Two points are awarded for every $1,000 earned at a major championship. The top eight players in the standings after the PGA Championship automatically qualify for the American team heading to Medinah from Sept. 28-30.
Last month at Pebble Beach, Love III said he did not expect Woods to have trouble making the team.
"So I think if (Tiger) has a full, healthy season, we won't be worrying about picking him. But it's nice with four picks, I got a lot of flexibility,” he said.
The captain had previously indicated Woods was a virtual lock to make the team, either on merit or with one of the four captain’s picks.
In a recent episode of "Feherty," Rocco Mediate detailed a request he made of Tiger Woods for an autograph that went largely unfulfilled. Read More
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process