David Toms has withdrawn from this week’s Deutsche Bank Championship, ending his run in the FedEx Cup playoffs. A reason for his withdrawal was not given.
Toms, who missed the cut at The Barclays, was 89th in points. Only the top 70 players advance to next week’s BMW Championship at Crooked Stick.
Toms, who has four top-10 finishes this season, is 60th on the PGA Tour money list. The 45-year-old missed six weeks after injuring his back in mid-June.
The field at TPC Boston now consists of 98 players, after Sergio Garcia withdrew last week.
Tags: David Toms
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management