David Toms has withdrawn from this week’s Deutsche Bank Championship, ending his run in the FedEx Cup playoffs. A reason for his withdrawal was not given.
Toms, who missed the cut at The Barclays, was 89th in points. Only the top 70 players advance to next week’s BMW Championship at Crooked Stick.
Toms, who has four top-10 finishes this season, is 60th on the PGA Tour money list. The 45-year-old missed six weeks after injuring his back in mid-June.
The field at TPC Boston now consists of 98 players, after Sergio Garcia withdrew last week.
Tags: David Toms
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth