Watson continues to lead U.S. Ryder Cup standings
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jul 9, 2012 11:33 AM ET
Following the PGA Championship on Aug. 12, eight players will automatically qualify for the U.S team, captained by Davis Love III. After The Greenbrier Classic, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week's position in the top eight in parentheses):
1. Bubba Watson (5,326.40; 1)
2. Jason Dufner (5,289.25; 2)
3. Tiger Woods (4,669.41; 3)
4. Webb Simpson (4,635.50; 4)
5. Phil Mickelson (4,107.11; 5)
6. Matt Kuchar (4,043.43; 6)
7. Hunter Mahan (3,864.37; 7)
8. Zach Johnson (3,325.86; 8)
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables:
9. Keegan Bradley: Just 25 points from the eighth spot, Bradley finished a modest T-46 at The Greenbrier Classic. His chances are fading.
10. Rickie Fowler: Fowler hasn't played since finishing T-41 at the U.S. Open.
11. Dustin Johnson: The Memphis winner finished T-33 at Greenbrier - a so-so effort.
12. Bo Van Pelt: Jumped 10 spots after his runner-up showing at the AT&T National but dropped one while idle this week.
13. Steve Stricker: Got a spot back after a T-22 at Greenbrier, his first tournament since the U.S. Open.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TaylorMade: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth