Wie cracks 3-wood prior to opening round at Wegmans LPGA
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 7, 2012 12:33 PM ET
PITTSFORD, N.Y. – Michelle Wie’s morning didn’t get off to the best start in the opening round of the Wegmans LPGA Championship at Locust Hill Country Club.
Wie cracked her 3-wood on the driving range before the round began. Her plan was to use the 3-wood nine times on tee shots, but she had to scramble to replace the club, sticking a hybrid 2-iron in her bag.
“It’s not the same as a 3-wood,” said David Leadbetter, Wie’s swing coach.
Wie is looking to end a streak of five consecutive missed cuts. She made the turn on the front nine at 1 over. She bogeyed two of her first four holes.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management