It appears Cheyenne Woods’ LPGA dreams will have to wait another year.
Woods shot a two-round total of 7-over 151 (77-74) and is expected to miss the cut during the first stage of LPGA Qualifying School in Daytona Beach, Fla.
The 36-hole cut is for the low 70 and ties. When Woods completed her round Wednesday, she was tied for 141st.
The 22-year-old niece of Tiger Woods notched her first pro win last week on the SunCoast Ladies Series (held on the same course at LPGA International), but her early exit from Q-School leaves her status for 2013 uncertain. She’ll likely begin the season on the mini-tours.
At 9-under 135, Moriya Jutanugarn is the leader in the clubhouse through two rounds. The top 60 and ties after Friday’s final round advance to the second of three stages, to be held in Venice, Fla.
Tags: Cheyenne Woods
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots