GolfChannel.com will provide weekly updates on the U.S. Ryder Cup points standings (Click to view European Ryder Cup standings).
Following the PGA Championship on Aug. 12, eight players will automatically qualify for the U.S team, captained by Davis Love III. After the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week's position in the top eight in parentheses):
1. Bubba Watson (4,798.40; 1)
2. Jason Dufner (4,735.57; 3)
3. Phil Mickelson (4,069.92; 2)
4. Matt Kuchar (3,731.54; 4)
5. Hunter Mahan (3,376.54; 5)
6. Zach Johnson (3,235.63; NR)
7. Keegan Bradley (3,212.28; 6)
8. Rickie Fowler (3,082.42; 7)
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables:
9. Steve Stricker: Bounced from the top eight this week, Stricker returns to the PGA Tour as defending champion at Memorial.
10. Tiger Woods: Woods will look to get out of his current rut at Memorial, where he is a four-time winner.
11. Bill Haas: The FedEx Cup champion finished T-55 at Hogan's Alley, which did little to help his standing.
13. Ben Curtis: Curtis was one of three Americans to compete in the BMW PGA Championship last week at Wentworth. He made the cut but did nothing to help his cause.
19. Bo Van Pelt: BVP had a disappointing weekend at Colonial but finished T-19 for a second consecutive top-20 finish.
20. John Huh: The rookie is once again on the periphery of the Ryder Cup discussion with a T-5 finish at Colonial on Sunday.