Behind the scenes with ... Lara Baldesarra
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 8, 2012 10:42 AM ET
You see them in front of the camera reporting golf scores and news, but here's a quick look at some of Golf Channel's on-air talent behind closed doors. This week it's Lara Baldesarra. Baldesarra serves as host of the "Grey Goose 19th Hole," Golf Channel’s weekly talk show that is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. She also anchors "Golf Central," the network’s signature news show. Born and raised in Toronto, she grew up playing golf at the Devil’s Pulpit Golf Association. She’s hoping to improve her handicap playing year-round in her new home city of Orlando, where she lives with her two dogs.
Favorite broadcaster: Way too difficult to choose just one! Jim Nantz (CBS Sports), Chris Wallace (Fox News), Don Cherry (Hockey Night in Canada CBC) and John Madden (NFL Football)
Favorite all-time movie: Drama – Godfather Part 2; comedy – A Night at the Roxbury
Dream golfing vacation: The mecca of golf in the USA – Monterey Peninsula … Pebble Beach, Spanish Bay, Spyglass
What is the hardest thing about being a golf broadcaster: Being constantly reminded of all the parts of my game I need to work on.
Favorite sandwich/food: My mom’s meatball sandwich on a classic calabrese panini – extra peppers, hold the mushrooms.
Favorite word to slip into a broadcast: “Tiger-esque.”
Favorite personal blooper reel moment: Calling Steve Burkowski – “Steve Burkovitz” live on air and trying to contain my laughter while my mic was still on!
What is a little-known secret about doing TV: I’m good with secrets – my lips are sealed!
Funniest co-worker at Golf Channel: Charlie Rymer, hands down.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae