"I love competing, and I was in a great era of playing with the young Phil Mickelsons and the older Greg Normans, and the (Nick) Prices ... What a great day for me." - Fred Couples, when it was announced that he will be enshrined in the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2013.
"He made it look so easy but he always tried. I know he will be thrilled and it is much deserved.” - Davis Love, longtime friend of Couples, on his buddies Hall of Fame induction.
"I think he () knows his time is up and that’s normal." - Greg Norman, creating an uproar with comments about Woods and his rivalry with .
Quiet, Greg, quiet. Down boy." - Jack Nicklaus, responding to Norman's comment on Woods.
"I'm not a high road guy ... I wanted him to come out and really blast Greg Norman." - Charles Barkley, offering up his two cents on the Woods-Norman dust up.
“Tiger gives me stick about being short. He always asks me, ‘Seriously, how tall are you?’ I’ll say, ‘5-foot-9.’ ‘Yeah, but without the hair? That’s 5-7, right?’" - Rory McIlroy, on the good-natured ribbing between himself and Tiger.
“I think the fans will get behind this Ryder Cup and it’ll make it tough for the Euros. They’re going to be on the Americans’ side, they’ll be cheering hard, but they’re a fair crowd and hopefully they’ll respect both teams.” - Luke Donald, on the upcoming Ryder Cup, being played in his adopted hometown of Chicago.
"I felt kind of bad for Rory. We are in the unfortunate position in Northern Ireland where we have one foot on each team." - Graeme McDowell, on friend Rory McIlroy's decision on which team he will represent for the 2016 Olympics.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch LPGA come down to finish
- LPGA SCORING: Korda in Mobile mix late in Round 4
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae captures Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play