Brad Faxon earned his first career Champions Tour win in the rain-shortened Insperity Championship. Jeff Sluman is the ultimate prankster and showed it when he shoved a pie in his face. He does not know if there is any “initiation” process for Champions Tour rookies but he knows that it is an amazing feeling to win on the Champions Tour so soon after turning 50. On the Champions Tour, there are two pro-ams before the 54-hole events so there are not really that many opportunities to play a true practice round. The first round is incredibly important and the lack of a cut definitely affects your decision making. Last week, he benefited heavily from playing on a course where he had played a number of events on the PGA TOUR. When looking at the mindset of the young player today vs. when he was younger, the mindset is on a much higher level today because the young players are much more experienced thanks to the AJGA and college golf as well as better conditioning and training. Although he is one of the best putters in the world, he ordered an anchored putter recently and while he likes certain aspects of it, he wishes that the USGA had acted sooner because he does not think it is right for players to be able to anchor the putter to their body. He thinks that young golfers in the future will be raised using the anchored putter and in a few years any stigma associated with it will be gone. She played with Annika Sorenstam recently and said her game is very solid and sharp and thinks that her game right now is capable of winning tournaments.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path