His concluding thought about the Turkish Airlines World Golf Final is that Justin Rose is one of the most underrated golfers in the world. Rose is 5th in the world but he has never really received as much attention as he should. He won a WGC event this year and he had a great Ryder Cup but he is underrated in part because he has yet to win a Major Championship. He is a very good player but he gets overshadowed by other players from England and also other players who work with Sean Foley. Rose plays great golf on a consistent basis but he is not a flashy player who seeks attention. Sobel said that he would not be surprised to see Rose win a Major in the near future.
It is good to see that Turkey is becoming more involved in the game of golf through this event and through the Turkish Open in 2013. The event this year was able to attract a strong field but one of the memories will be the image of players like Lee Westwood, Hunter Mahan, and Charl Schwartzel wearing shorts.
Justin Leonard is 9th on the Career PGA TOUR Money List but he is out of the top 125 right now on the PGA TOUR. He is playing in the Frys.com Open this week with nothing to lose because he has a top 25 and top 50 career money list exemption so he could use either one of those if he were to finish out of the top 125 or out of the top 150. Leonard does not want to have to use them so he is trying to close the season with a strong finish.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots