Clarke, Norman, Romo headline final stretch of Feherty
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 20, 2011 12:14 AM ET
Worldwide fan favorite and 2011 Open Champion Darren Clarke will kick off the list of marquee guests lined up for the remaining four weeks of Golf Channel’s popular series, Feherty, airing Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET.
In addition to Clarke, rounding out Feherty’s freshman season will be Englishman and World No. 1 golfer Luke Donald (Aug. 30); golfing legend and business magnate Greg Norman (Sept. 6); and NFL quarterback and star of the Dallas Cowboys, Tony Romo (Sept. 13).
Feherty, starring golf commentator and funnyman David Feherty, debuted in June as Golf Channel’s most-watched original series premiere in its history. The show has been called “a cross between Oprah Winfrey and Johnny Carson” by The New York Times, “must-see TV” by the Orange County Register, and “a show that has all the ingredients to be a breakout hit” by The Augusta Chronicle.
In one of his most engaging interviews to date, Feherty will cover a gamut of subjects with Clarke, from his historic win at Royal St. Georges to his close scrape with death in a Belfast hotel terrorist bombing while in his teens. The special episode, which will expand to a full hour, includes other highlights about Clarke’s life and career, such as:
- Clarke pulling out the Claret Jug, the only major championship trophy Feherty has never touched.
- His passion for the Ryder Cup and his clutch performance in 2006, just weeks after the passing of his wife, Heather.
- His resistance to dieting and affinity for Guinness, which was highly criticized during his Open Championship winner’s press conference.
- His love of speed and Ferrari sports cars (he’s owned 15, along with his collection of Rolls Royce and Bentley autos).
And if that’s not enough, Feherty also picks up where his mother left off and bakes Clarke – a fellow native Northern Irishman – a batch of traditional Irish soda bread.
The series features what Feherty calls “unfiltered” interviews with well-known and outspoken people from the world of sports, entertainment and golf, along with unique stories and anecdotes from his brilliant, yet zany mind. Shot in settings both intimate and personal to the guests, Feherty displays an uncanny interview style that engages his subjects and brings out answers both honest and revealing.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path