Breed's Blog - June 18, 2012
- By Michael Breed
- Jun 18, 2012 8:00 PM ET
Like The Golf Fix on Facebook: Let’s Do This!
Follow The Golf Fix on Twitter: @TheGolfFix
-2012 U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson ranks 1st on the PGA TOUR in Putting Average and uses a belly putter. When using a belly putter, make sure you anchor it forward, keep your head stabilized through impact and use tees or balls to keep the path of the stroke straight.
-You should replace your grips once a year or every 40 rounds. If you play with a grip too long it will become dull and very slippery.
-To fix a snap hook, practice swinging the club with both the upper and lower body to keep the club face stable.
-To execute a shot from the deep rough, you need to elevate the club, make the downswing a more descending blow and open the face to create more loft.
Next Week’s Show - June 25, 2012
From the PGA Professional National Championship
-Michael Breed will be at Bayonet & Black Horse in Seaside, California and will bring his fellow PGA professionals on the show to help improve all aspects of your game
-Post your questions for next week on Email, Facebook or Twitter
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Sorenstam in 'Go Annika'
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management