Breed's Blog - June 18, 2012
- By Michael Breed
- Jun 18, 2012 8:00 PM ET
Like The Golf Fix on Facebook: Let’s Do This!
Follow The Golf Fix on Twitter: @TheGolfFix
-2012 U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson ranks 1st on the PGA TOUR in Putting Average and uses a belly putter. When using a belly putter, make sure you anchor it forward, keep your head stabilized through impact and use tees or balls to keep the path of the stroke straight.
-You should replace your grips once a year or every 40 rounds. If you play with a grip too long it will become dull and very slippery.
-To fix a snap hook, practice swinging the club with both the upper and lower body to keep the club face stable.
-To execute a shot from the deep rough, you need to elevate the club, make the downswing a more descending blow and open the face to create more loft.
Next Week’s Show - June 25, 2012
From the PGA Professional National Championship
-Michael Breed will be at Bayonet & Black Horse in Seaside, California and will bring his fellow PGA professionals on the show to help improve all aspects of your game
-Post your questions for next week on Email, Facebook or Twitter
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae