Dobyns leads by 6 shots after 54 holes at PGA PNC
- By Associated Press
- Jun 26, 2012 7:46 PM ET
SEASIDE, Calif. – Matt Dobyns shot a 3-under 69 on Tuesday to take a six-stroke lead into the final round of the PGA Professional National Championship.
The 34-year-old Dobyns, the PGA head professional at Fresh Meadow Country Club in Lake Success, N.Y., had an 11-under 205 total.
The former University of Texas player opened with a 68 at Black Horse on Sunday and took a three-stroke lead Monday with a 68 on the Bayonet course, the site of the final two rounds.
First-round leader Mike Small, the University of Illinois coach who won the event in 2005, '09 and '10, was second after a 72.
The top 20 will earn spots in the PGA Championship in August at Kiawah Island.
Scott Erdmann birdied three of the final four holes for a 2-under 69 and a one-stroke lead in the 44th PGA Professional National Championship. Read More
Sean Dougherty shot an 8-under 64 on Monday on the Hershey Country Club’s West Course to break Sam Snead’s 36-hole scoring record in the PGA Professional National Championship. Read More
Scott Erdmann, Jeff Sorenson and Lonny Alexander share the lead after the first round of the 44th PGA Professional National Championship. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae