Shoe-in: Poulter to sport Puma footwear, belts
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jan 11, 2012 10:51 AM ET
Ian Poulter has signed with Puma Golf to wear new styles of footwear and belts. Poulter has been with Cobra Golf for more than five years and now will represent the company's apparel brand.
"We are excited to have a world-class golfer with such an engaging personality and sense of style join the ranks of Puma Golf," said Bob Philion, president of Cobra Puma Golf. "Ian's worldwide presence on multiple tours will help drive home Cobra Puma Golf's core message to enjoy golf through innovative, performance products with a stylish edge that sets them apart."
Poulter, ranked No. 16, in the Official World Golf Ranking, will wear the new Neo Classic Pro-Type shoe that is not yet available to consumers. Poulter will wear the shoe on the PGA Tour and it will be available to the public in limited release during the summer.
"I am thrilled to be working with Cobra Puma Golf, who truly understands the importance of fusing style with performance," Poulter said. "I'm getting the style I love in shoes that perform and stay comfortable throughout my round."
Tags: Ian Poulter
It wasn’t the finish Ian Poulter had hoped for, but after coming back out to Merion early Saturday to complete his delayed second round the Englishman was pleased with his position heading into the we... Read More
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path