Shoe-in: Poulter to sport Puma footwear, belts
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jan 11, 2012 10:51 AM ET
Ian Poulter has signed with Puma Golf to wear new styles of footwear and belts. Poulter has been with Cobra Golf for more than five years and now will represent the company's apparel brand.
"We are excited to have a world-class golfer with such an engaging personality and sense of style join the ranks of Puma Golf," said Bob Philion, president of Cobra Puma Golf. "Ian's worldwide presence on multiple tours will help drive home Cobra Puma Golf's core message to enjoy golf through innovative, performance products with a stylish edge that sets them apart."
Poulter, ranked No. 16, in the Official World Golf Ranking, will wear the new Neo Classic Pro-Type shoe that is not yet available to consumers. Poulter will wear the shoe on the PGA Tour and it will be available to the public in limited release during the summer.
"I am thrilled to be working with Cobra Puma Golf, who truly understands the importance of fusing style with performance," Poulter said. "I'm getting the style I love in shoes that perform and stay comfortable throughout my round."
Tags: Ian Poulter
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots