Video: Find the right stance width for all your clubs
- By SwingFix
- Jan 23, 2013 7:30 PM ET
How far apart should your feet be at address? This seems like a simple question, but it's trickier than you might expect.
Stance and ball position are intimately linked. Varying them independently, or inconsistently, can result in chronically poor contact.
In this swing tip video, Mark Bereza from the Annika Academy demonstrates a handy little drill called the Charlie Chaplin for finding the optimal stance width for the 8-iron on down.
For longer clubs, a slight adjustment to only the back foot will not only give you the right stance, but also the proper ball position.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you improve your setup, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots