Video: Find the right stance width for all your clubs
- By SwingFix
- Jan 23, 2013 7:30 PM ET
How far apart should your feet be at address? This seems like a simple question, but it's trickier than you might expect.
Stance and ball position are intimately linked. Varying them independently, or inconsistently, can result in chronically poor contact.
In this swing tip video, Mark Bereza from the Annika Academy demonstrates a handy little drill called the Charlie Chaplin for finding the optimal stance width for the 8-iron on down.
For longer clubs, a slight adjustment to only the back foot will not only give you the right stance, but also the proper ball position.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you improve your setup, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process