Tip of the Week: Use a rake to improve your tempo
- By SwingFix
- Mar 14, 2013 2:00 PM ET
Every golfer would love to enjoy the kind of swing tempo that Fred Couples or Ernie Els has, but unfortunately many find themselves just violently lashing at the ball.
What can be done to smooth out your tempo?
Plenty, actually, and in this video segment Henri Reis from Annika Academy shows you a great drill that you can work on at the course or at home to improve your tempo, as well as your balance.
Try this drill the next time your practice and you’ll start to gradually develop better tempo, which will be a major plus when your swing is just a little bit off or you’re facing an important shot.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you with your swing, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path