Tip of the Week: Use a rake to improve your tempo
- By SwingFix
- Mar 14, 2013 2:00 PM ET
Every golfer would love to enjoy the kind of swing tempo that Fred Couples or Ernie Els has, but unfortunately many find themselves just violently lashing at the ball.
What can be done to smooth out your tempo?
Plenty, actually, and in this video segment Henri Reis from Annika Academy shows you a great drill that you can work on at the course or at home to improve your tempo, as well as your balance.
Try this drill the next time your practice and you’ll start to gradually develop better tempo, which will be a major plus when your swing is just a little bit off or you’re facing an important shot.
For more tips from Golf Channel to help you with your swing, click here.
An elite team of instructors that can show you in a matter of minutes what it would take you months to figure out on your own.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly