SUGAR GROVE, Ill. – Afternoon pairings are out and can't for the life of me understand why Cristie Kerr isn't in the U.S. lineup.
She's the best U.S. player, leads the LPGA money list, hits the ball straight and putts lights out. Sounds like the perfect foursomes partner.
Apparently it's already been decided that no U.S. player will play all five matches. Paula Creamer has never sat out a session in her two previous Solheim Cups.
Bad call No. 1 for these matches goes to U.S. captain Beth Daniel.
The line-up for Friday afternoon:
Christina Kim/Natalie Gulbis vs. Suzann Pettersen/Sophie Gustafson
Angela Stanford/Nicole Castrale vs. Becky Brewerton/Gwladys Nocera
Kirsty McPherson/Brittany Lincicome vs. Maria Hjorth/Anna Nordqvist
Paula Creamer/Juli Inkster vs. Catriona Matthew/Janice Moodie
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth