Els' caddie Roberts getting tests for leg injury
- By Jason Sobel
- Sep 22, 2012 4:30 PM ET
ATLANTA – Ricci Roberts, the longtime caddie for Ernie Els, has been in and out of the hospital for the past two weeks with an undiagnosed leg injury.
“I spoke to him the other day,” Els told GolfChannel.com on Saturday. “It’s actually good news. There are a couple of arteries in his calf that are a little bit blocked. He hasn’t gotten the deep vein thrombosis as they originally thought. They figure that the pain in his leg could be coming from his back, so that could actually be good news.”
After caddying in the BMW Championship, Roberts returned to England to receive tests on his ailment. Els said he will receive more tests there on Tuesday.
Kevin Bogrette, a friend of Els, is caddying for him in this week’s Tour Championship.
Tags: Ernie Els
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots