All of that was on display late Friday afternoon in her foursomes match with Brittany Lincicome against Maria Hjorth and Anna Nordqvist. Lincicome hit a wayward tee shot on the par-3 16th hole that left McPherson in nasty, deep weeds left of the green. After several minutes of deliberation between the two Americans, McPherson finally made up her mind.
“I’m going to take an unplayable,” she said in her southern drawl. “I’m going back to the tee and I’m going to make me a 1.”
Earlier McPherson had blurted out that she has made four aces in her life. When she went back to the tee she swung for the fences and hit her tee shot to 6 feet.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: C. Choi up by 1; Lewis 4 back
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process