Ladies European Tour standout Melissa Reid was dealt a devastating blow this week with the death of her mother in a car accident while in Germany following Melissa’s golf.
Joy Reid, 62, was involved in a head-on collision late Tuesday night in Dachau, near Munich, on the way back to her hotel after attending the LET’s UniCredit Ladies German Open, LET officials confirmed with Golf Channel. She died Wednesday afternoon from internal injuries. Brian Reid, Melissa’s father, survived the crash but sustained broken ribs and is being treated in a Munich Hospital.
Melissa Reid, of Derbyshire, England, was a member of the victorious European Solheim Cup team last fall. She withdrew from the UniCredit Ladies German Open upon receiving the news of the crash.
Tags: Melissa Reid
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process